24 June 2013

And More Good News

I found Something Else

While scrubbing various pages for sonic screwdriver information, I ran across a page which contained the viewing figures from day one. This was something that was in the back of my mind but I wasn't really looking for it right now. Since I will make use of it later I thought it prudent to import the data now.

Then I thought, what can I cross reference this with that would make a nice analysis/chart? How about the population figures for Great Britain during the time of the first broadcast in the UK. Surprisingly it was quite easy to come by.

So I have the viewership for all of Doctor Who and occurrences population of the UK from the 60s to the present. It's just a matter of scrubbing the data and cleaning it up in order to use it. Cause we all wish that data pulled from the internet was all shiny and new but in reality, it a big mess that needs a lot of work in Excel.

Seems the more I look into the present projects, the more small odds and ends pop up wanting to be processed also.

All in due time...

No comments:

Post a Comment